Wednesday 7 February 2024

First primrose of spring

 

Late Monday afternoon and I had a trip down memory lane, or the lane leading to Bolton Percy Station yard to be precise. I used to spend hours here train spotting when there was a station here and steam engines ruled the rails. It was taken over by the YWT and turned into a nice little oasis, sadly no more. The so called improvements to the railway in order to shave seconds off the journey time has resulted in the site becoming a mess.


This area was once covered in various plants and flowers. A walk up the track towards the railway bridge allowed me to see my first primrose of spring


Thirty or so years ago my parents would come and park just past the bridge over the railway and admire

the primroses which covered the banks of what was the goods yards.

In the next field I saw these deer.



No comments:

Post a Comment