Thursday 26 August 2021

White-tailed lapwing

 I received a message from Blacktoft this morning to say that a rare bird had been seen on the reserve. Due to prior arrangements I was not able to go straight away. It was after our evening meal that I was able to go and look for the bird. The traffic was busy, and you can tell that it is harvest time by the number of tractors on the road.

The car parks were not full so parking was ok. I made my way to Townend hide where I managed to squeeze into the hide. Lots of scopes and tripods, which took up a lot of room and were not needed as the bird was right in front of the hide. 

Two birders left so I was able to get a seat. Not easy to get a clear view of the bird as it was close to edge and was partly hidden by the grass. I did manage a few photos and then I left so as to give others a chance. I will be helping on the reserve for the next three days, so may get the chance to see the bird again.





No comments:

Post a Comment