Friday 1 December 2023

Fairburn Ings


Left York in thick fog, but visibility improved the closer I got to Fairburn Ings.

After completing the H&S checks I decided to go for a walk from the car park at Lin Dike end of the reserve.

Lots of redwings, fieldfares and blackbirds in the bushes along the path along with bullfinches, long tailed tits and goldcrest.



Very few birds on the water in front of the hide. Mute swans and shelducks feeding in the bits of open water, while goldeneye were diving for food at the far end of the lagoon.
I walked as far as the canal and added red kite and goosander on the way.



I had only walked for an hour bur had managed to add 35 birds to my list for the day. When I returned to York it was still thick fog. Lets hope for better weather on Sunday when I am on duty at Blacktoft.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment