After completing the H&S checks at St. Aidans today I walked onto the reserve in the hope of adding to my year list.
Lots of grest crested grebes about.
grey herons waiting for food to swim past
great white egret
I spent some time at the causeway looking over the main lake towards Caroline bridge and saw a black tern swooping low to catch food and then been chased by black-headed gulls. I then joined Charlotte at the viewpoint looking over Astley Lake. We joined a group of birders looking at a pectoral sandpiper on one of the islands. One birder allowed us to look through his scope. My second year tick for the day. The bird was not as close as this one at Margrove ponds last year.
On my way back to the car park I came across whinchat and stonechat
chiffchaff
the final bird on my list was a hobby near the car park.

No comments:
Post a Comment