Sunday 29 October 2023

A wet start to "winter"

 


As you may recall my winter starts on the day after the clocks change in October until December 22nd when the sunsets get later, it might only be a minute a day, but it all helps.

Today I was on duty at Blacktoft, however a combination of recent floods and rain meant that this mornings high tide caused flooding on the reserve. Water was pouring in at the Ousefleet end and it was not possible to get to either Marshland or Reedling hides without wellingtons, and the water level was slowly rising.

Gareth decided to close the reserve, so I stayed a while at the main gate to explain to visitors that we were closed. This gave Daz a chance to update social media and then he returned and took over from me at the gate.

A few pics of what I saw in the car park.




I am on duty next Sunday, weather permitting. I will need to keep an eye on social media, as there are several high tides over 6 metres high this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment