Monday 24 April 2023

In between birding.

 During the past few weeks my birding has had to be in between other jobs. They are now coming to an end, and hopefully I can devote a lot more time to my favourite hobby. Dare I set myself a challenge to have 200 birds on my year list by May31st!

Saturday April 15th, North Duffield Carrs with Ian. I did not arrive until 1345, when I joined Ian in the Garganey hide. A common scoter was still present along with 4 whooper swans. Swallows, sand martins and chiffchaffs were also present along with a flock of about 80 black tailed godwits.

Tuesday April 18 saw me at Filey Dams.The only different bird I saw on this visit was this tufted duck with a ring on its beak.

I am still awaiting feedback on from the ringer.
April 19th I drove to Staveley where I spent an enjoyable few hours. 35 birds on my list including 3 year ticks. Nosterfield was my next stop. I walked to Lingham Water just in case an osprey was there, but managed to see an Iceland gull. Just as I was leaving Nosterfield reserve, 17 little gulls dropped in, 5 ticks on my year list.
April 22nd and I went to Blacktoft to give Stu a hand. Plenty of visitors and I managed to add 2 more birds to my year list, a house martin and a commo sandpiper







No comments:

Post a Comment