Monday 25 July 2022

Fowlmere

 Grandads taxi was back in Cambridgeshire, so I thought that I would add a new RSPB reserve to my list.


There is a pleasant walk around this reserve, part of it on a boardwalk, so I assume that in winter it possibly floods. Thursday was a busy day on the reserve, with lots of volunteers undertaking various tasks, so I walked around the reserve twice, so as to avoid them but see the whole reserve.

Not a lot of birds about and several of the chaps in one of the hides seemed to be more interested in the "birds" from Duxford. Spitfire, De Havilland  etc. From the reedbed hide I saw a red kite, several green woodpeckers, a chiffchaff, lapwing, black headed gulls, mallard, coot and moorhen. A few swallows swooped low to get a drink of water and a solitary swift flew past. Not a fantastic list, but a pleasant place to spend a couple of hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment