Monday 16 March 2020

Sand martins at Fairburn

Plans A and B occupied my morning so it was just after lunch that I could leave home for a couple of hours.Fairburn is my nearest RSPB reserve so I went there for the second day running.
As I walked down to Lin Dike Hide I could hear but not see a chiffchaff. The water level is still high from the recent flooding and this allows the grey herons to hunt for food in the vegetation close to the footpath. 3 grey herons were fairly close today.
When I got into the hide I could see this little egret feeding close to the hide.
As well as the grey herons in the vegetation, a great white egret could be seen.
 
 
Gulls were perched on this rail

until the cormorant arrived.
A red kite came close to the hide.





A buzzard was soaring over one part of the reserve and as I watched it I saw two sand martins, my first of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment